Hey Coach Risley here!
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard people tell me lifting weights will lead to a reduction in life quality (i.e spine fusion, knee surgery, or hip replacements) when it does the exact opposite!
Being strong and living long. Sounds like a dream right?
Exercise not only teaches us to be physically strong but mentally strong, fitness is one of the few hobbies that have a substantial amount of pros Vs cons.
Here are some benefits and situations that exercise can lead to if done right.
- Your joint health, moving more, and exploring more will help you feel and stay young.
- Your physical confidence, improving yourself on a daily basis, and seeing long-term changes is the most rewarding fruit of labour.
- Your strength, we said live longer right? Well with newfound strength you will also be able to live bigger! Doing way more activities you didn’t think was possible because of your newfound strength.
- Your mental strength and health, regular exercise teaches discipline and also gives you clarity. Overcoming tough obstacles in training can definitely improve one’s ability to problem solve in life as well. Think of the gym as a low-barrier entry point to tackling complicated life obstacles.
- Your health, I said live longer right?! Listen, training consistently usually leads to a more conscious diet as well. Not only will you be healthier on the outside but inside as well!
We are here to live a great life and a long one. Both of these are synonymous with each other so why don’t we become strong and live long?